visit free download pdf site and free download ebooks
what is power factor? the power factor is the cosine of the angle between the voltage
and current in the circuit or the ratio of the resistance to the impedance of the circuit and also the ratio of the real to the apparent power. To give more detail regarding power factor please follow the links below for additional information on power factor.
free pdf file for power factor - power in single phase ac circuits, complex power, the complex balance power, power factor correction.
free pdf file for power factor fundamental - power factor correction saves money, what is power factor, the power triangle, why do we install capacitors?, other benefits, summary of benefits for installing capacitor.
free pdf file for three phase theory - balanced load, three phase power, analysis of three phase balanced systems, single circuit of a three phase system, equivalent circuit for three phase balanced system, unbalanced three phase system, sysmetrical components,
graphical methord of solution, power associated with sequence components.
Useful Formulas for Power System Analysis & Power Factor Correction - formula symbols,free calculation for capacitors connected in parallel, capacitors connected in series, capacitive reactance, capacitance, capacitor kilovars, power factors, kilovars required to change power factor, equations for total power factor, total power, reactive power, voltage rise, released system capacity for power factor improvement, loss reduction for correction power factor, capacitor current, total power factor, quality factor, crest factor. note : just click the capacitor and input the value then automatically give you the answer.
power factor - power in resistive and reactive ac circuits, true power, reactive power, apparent power, calculating power factor, practical power factor correction.
free pdf file for power factor - the difference between volt amperes and watts, definition of a volt ampere reactive, a graphical representation of real, reactive, apparent and power factor.
FACTS ON POWER FACTOR
1. The reason why we need to improve power factor is to avoid poor voltage regulation.
2. Another reason is to decrease the reactive power.
3. On magnetizing component of a transformer the power factor is always leading.
4. On incandescent bulb or lamp the power factor is unity.
5. using synchronous motor can improve the power factor.
6. Using static capacitors can also improve the power factor and they are almost loss free.
7. If the system has poor power factor it will result to overloading of transformer as well as alternator.
8. For indicative circuit they can improve the power factor by connecting in series of capacitor.
9. KVAR are rated terms of the capacitors of power factor correction.
10. oN AC circuit which contain both resistor and conductor the power factor is leading between 0-1.
TYPES OF POWER FACTORS
1. unity power factor - equal real and apparent power.
2. leading power factor - when the current leads voltage by an angle and the true power will less than the apparent power.
3. lagging power factor - when the current lags voltage by an angle and the true power is less than the apparent power.
4. zero power factor - when there is phase difference of 90 degree between the current and the voltage. If the circuit has zero power factor you have no useful work to be done.
Christian Song and Lyrics By Alphabetical : A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Antenna |Audio Vedio |Cables |Circuit Breaker |CMOS |Communication |Control System |Electrical and Electronic Conversion |Conversion Table |Current transformer and Voltage transformer |Electrical and Electronics Dictionary | Digital |Electrical Machine |Electrical power distribution |Electrical Power Substation |Electrical Power System |Electrical Tutorial |Electromagnetic Induction |Electronics Design |Free Electrical Handbook |Free Electronic Handbook |Free Tutorial on Ampacity Table